Board Member Application
PedNet Coalition is seeking applicants for positions on its Board of Directors. The positions are for a 3-year term beginning January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022.
PedNet strives to have a diverse Board that represents our community and is made up of Board Members that have experiences and skills to contribute to PedNet’s current needs. We particularly encourage people of color, people with disability experience, people connected to underserved communities, and people with fundraising experience to apply. (If you’re not sure this describes you but you’re interested, please still apply!)
We are accepting applications through the end of the day on Monday, September 30, 2019.
Review our Legal & Financial Information.
PedNet Coalition Board Member Job Description
PedNet’s mission is to provide walking, biking, and transit solutions to meet people’s everyday transportation needs.
PedNet’s vision is towns built for people, where it’s easy to walk, bike, and ride transit, and everyone can get where they want to go.
Expectations of the Board as a whole entity
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the Board is responsible for:
- Determining the mission and purpose of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO
- Providing strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and prospective donor development
- Approving and monitoring PedNet’s policy positions, advocacy, and programs
- Enhancing PedNet’s public image in the community
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of PedNet Coalition
Expectations of individual Board Members
Each individual PedNet Board member is expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policy positions, programs, and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for PedNet and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for PedNet to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve PedNet’s mission
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation
- Help identify connections that can benefit PedNet’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence policy
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in Board meetings
- Participate fully in one or more committees
- Follow PedNet bylaws, policies, and Board resolutions
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of PedNet
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
- Actively engage in fundraising for PedNet in whatever ways are best suited for me. These may include identifying prospective donors, assisting with donor relationships and stewardship, direct membership or sponsorship solicitation, writing thank you notes, assisting with special events, and the like. I will make a good faith effort to do my best and raise as much money as I can.
- Encourage and support the PedNet staff