Vélo Vino Vici | Bike Wine Conquer
Join us for a fall evening bike tour celebrating women on bikes. Vélo Vino Vici is a fun, easy, and social bike ride for women with stops for wine samples. Enjoy wine tastings at stops throughout downtown Columbia in celebration of the significant role the bicycle has played in women’s empowerment and independence.
We will end the ride at Citizen Jane Film Festival’s Phosphors Digital Art Installation at Dogmaster Distillery.
Vélo Vino Vici is hosted by PedNet Coalition, in partnership with Citizen Jane Film Festival.
We will have women bike mechanics on site to lend a hand if your bike needs a quick tune-up before you ride.
Not able to or not interested in riding a bike? No worries. The Vélo Vino Vici route is easily walkable, and we welcome anyone who’d prefer to walk instead of ride.
Citizen Jane Film Festival
Saturday, October 28, 2017
- 5pm Women bike mechanics available for bike tune-ups
- 5:30pm Check-in at Columbia Foyer in the Pillsbury Science Center at Stephens College, 1407 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO 65201
- 6pm Roll out
- 8pm Finish at Phosphors Digital Art Installation at Dogmaster Distillery
This is a guided ride, so we will travel together. We will give participants a set of tickets, and when you arrive at the stop, you will trade in your ticket for a wine tasting.
- 21 years and older only.
- No need for spandex or padded shorts. Dress for an evening on the town.
- We will have bike mechanics on the route and will provide SAG support in case anyone has bike trouble along the way.
We have t-shirts! Add one to your order when you register.
The t-shirts will be a women’s cut that often has a slim fit. If you’re concerned about the fit, you may want to order a size up.
Vélo Vino Vici is a ride for women. Not a woman, but still want to be involved? Sign up to volunteer to help with the event.
Invite your friends! Share the Facebook event.