Veterans United Bike Fleet
PedNet is partnering with Veterans United to offer a bike promotion program in Summer 2015. The program will be available at select VU office locations: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo and Foxtrot.
The bike program includes:
- Bike fleet to use for quick trips during the day
- Bicycle Basics Classes (offered by GetAbout Columbia)
- Bike Maintenance Classes
- Friday Coffee Meeting Rides
- Ride to/from Work Group Rides
How to use the bike fleet
- We want you to stay safe on the road. Before you check out a bike for the first time, go through our quick Bike Safety Training and take the quiz. (It’s easy and only takes about 15 minutes.)
- When you’re ready to use a bike, fill out the Bike Check-Out Form at the bike fleet station. The form just asks for the basics: name, time, destination.
- After your trip, check the bike back in on the form. That’s it!
- Bike Route Map
- Trail Guide and Map
- Go CoMo Trails App for iPhone and Android
- A Guide to Your Ride
- Bike and Ride: Combine riding your bike with using the COMO Connect bus system
- In Columbia:
- Biking on the sidewalk is not allowed in the The District (downtown).
- Children 15 years old and younger are required to wear a helmet. Adults are not required by law to wear a helmet.
- City law protects you from harassment (having an object thrown at you, being threatened or placed in danger) when you are walking, biking, or using a wheelchair.
- Missouri bike laws
Robin May, Faith and Wellness Coordinator